Thursday, December 18, 2008

Pets and Holidays...

I’m busy shopping and wrapping this week, and putting presents under our tree...and at equal rate, our cat, Rascal (named after the prom dumper in Top Ten Uses for an Unworn Prom Dress), is busy sniffing around the presents and poinsettias, tearing into wrapped gifts, and plowing into gift bags. I swear, he thinks this whole holiday thing is about providing him with entertainment, and it doesn’t matter how many crinkled wrapping paper balls you toss his way, he still thinks that the scotch tape on your finger or the nicely wrapped present beside you is the most fun!

In fact, here’s a couple of pictures from two years ago, when we couldn’t “find” him on Christmas morning!



He also wants to know what all these funny decorations are that we have up on counters and tables, and apparently likes the way they sound as he knocks them to the carpet.

Kelly has a new puppy this year, Cinnamon:


One of the cutest I think I’ve EVER seen--and I’m looking forward to hearing about her first holiday season. Kelly, what can you tell us so far?

And how about the rest of you, how goes it with pets and holidays at your house?

9 fresh comments:

MySharonAnne said...

I have a tiny little fake tree that I had to take all the ornaments off off because I would come home and find them all over my apartment. They still manage to knock the tree over so that when I come home it is always on the floor.

Last year my mom wrapped one of Sabrina's gift which was a big box of treats. Well, needless to say she opened her own gift!

MySharonAnne said...

Yes my cats get gifts. They are part of my family too. :)

Anonymous said...

Hi,
I don't have any pets right now, but I did I buy my daughter's crazy dog, Max, a stuffed driedle for Hanukah. Now I have to teach him how to play!

Janie

TinaFerraro said...

Sharonanne, the cats get gifts are our house, too!

And Janie, how cute that you got Max a stuffed dreidel!

Kelly (Lynn) Parra said...

Cinnamon should have been named Rascal. haha! She tries to steal small toys from the kids, and *tried* to snag ornaments from the tree, but she's been good. She's still a puppy so we're very patient!

Thanks for the pics on Rascal!

Korianne said...

Bows are my cats' obsessions! I found my cat Kipper rolling on one this morning. Also I made my own gift tags this year and when I went into my art room yesterday I discovered that they were all over the floor. I suspect Keagan, one of my other cats, was dragging them everywhere!

TinaFerraro said...

Too cute, Korianne, thanks for sharing.

And Kelly, glad to hear that Cinn has been "behaving" herself!

L. Diane Wolfe said...

Yes, our Rocko & Spunky get excited when the presents go out and the tree is up. Finding Christmas balls all over the house is just part of the season...

Meredith said...

We're lucky. Our dogs have never been interested in the Christmas tree.

But, I guess that could be because we have a big metal gate that separates them from the room that has the tree in it!

~Meredith