Thursday, November 29, 2007

Revisions!

I have talked about my Spring, 2009 release, THE ABC’S OF KISSING BOYS, and how it’s in the revision process.


I’m having a great time fine-tuning some of the points--but I’ve hit a wall on one line, and can use some feedback. If you’re so inclined, please read the following and weigh in on what you think works best!

Book blurb:

16 year-old Parker Elizabeth Stanhope was the only one of her friends not to be advanced from JV soccer to Varsity. She’s humiliated--and worse, suddenly getting the cold shoulder from her friends. Desperate to somehow still make Varsity before the season begins, she concocts a crazy-but-just-might-work scheme that involves kissing the socks off the prom king at the school’s Sports Fair kissing booth. But between now and then, she has to learn everything she can about kissing. And that help comes in the unlikely form of a freshman. But if her status-conscious friends find out she’s locking lips with a younger guy, she might as well kiss off their friendship--whether or not she makes Varsity. It's a lose-lose! Or is it?

Scene Set-Up:

Parker has learned that her freshman neighbor, Tristan, spent his summer nights at camp playing kissing games with the other counselors. She’s intrigued and has asked one too many questions. Getting suspicious, he playfully suggests that even though she’s sixteen, she’s never been kissed. She charges back that of course she’s been kissed.

Then he responds with one of the following:

--“Spin the bottle does not count!”
--“The back of your hand does not count!”

Or...something else! Ideas? Thoughts?

16 fresh comments:

Kelly (Lynn) Parra said...

Hey Tina!

I say, "Back of the hand does not count!" LOL! That is a serious comeback. :) :)

Jessica Burkhart said...

I so agree with Kelly! I love that line, Tina. :)

Shari Green said...

Yes, I agree that the hand one works best. You could also consider something like kisses from her great aunt so-and-so not counting.... ;-)

Anonymous said...

Since I've come out of peacefully lurking her - Yup, I like the back of the hand best too! lol

Or something horrendously embarrassing like "And your Uncle Bob missing your check doesn't count." - good lord, I'd blush!

Anonymous said...

And perhaps next time I'll type more carefully!

:)

TinaFerraro said...

"Back of hand" is feeling like the winner here...

But yeah, stuff about an aunt/uncle could be a riot, too.

Thanks for the thoughts and the votes!

WannabeWriter said...

"Back of the hand does not count!" is the funniest comeback. But I like Bria and Shari's suggestion: "And your Uncle Bob missing your cheek doesn't count." Hilarious.

<3 Paige

TinaFerraro said...

Thanks, Paige!

Anonymous said...

Hi Tina,
"Back of the hand..." is a perfect comment for another one of your wonderful books.

Janie

TinaFerraro said...

You're sweet, Janie--thanks!

Anonymous said...

I like the "back of the hand" comment, too, because that would TOTALLY embarrass me

TinaFerraro said...

Yeah, Celise, me, too! :)

Lisa McMann said...

dudes, am I the only one who practiced by kissing my pillow?

(I like the back of the hand, too)

Sara Hantz said...

I go with 'back of the hand..' too - so funny!!

TinaFerraro said...

Lisa, long ago, I had a pillow with a teen heartthrob's picture on it...'nuff said. :)

Sara, thanks, I'm going with that one!

Erica Orloff said...

Back of the hand is so clever--I wish I thought of it first!
E