Monday, November 26, 2007

It's All About a Fresh Read

Caroline Darcy wants to live a new, daring lifestyle when she heads to college for the summer. She’s actually a quarter Cuban, but wanting to follow in the exotic footsteps of her late Cuban great-grandmother, she takes on a Latina persona, starting a hot and fast relationship with a good-looking college guy.

The problem is, her new persona meets with a dangerous situation, and coming to her rescue is her friend and dorm-neighbor, Peter.

After some intense soul-searching Caroline is ready to tackle school with her true self and finds a way to reconnect with her great-grandmother through a research project. Caroline begins to see her friendship with Peter in a new perspective and discovers more of herself than she ever did, pretending to be someone she's not.

Recommended for mature teens, Caridad Ferrer writes with a fun and intelligent voice, mixing college life, Cuban family roots, and a memorable sweet romance in IT’S NOT ABOUT THE ACCENT.

5 fresh comments:

TinaFerraro said...

Sounds wonderful! And everyone loved Caridad's last book--in fact, as you know, Kelly, it won the top award given by Romance Writers of America, the Rita! I can't wait to read this one, too.

Jessica Burkhart said...

Looks great! I can't wait to read it. :)

WannabeWriter said...

This is a freaky coincidence -- I just finished reading this book yesterday.

I really enjoyed it -- especially the romance. I love romance. <3

I couldn't put it down. It really is great. Now I added Adios to My Old Life to my list of books to check out.

Paige

Kelly (Lynn) Parra said...

It is, Tina! I really enjoyed it.
--
Great, Jessica!
---
Paige, yes the romance is awesome and sweet. You'll love Adios too!

Lisa McMann said...

I LOVED this book.

I highly recommend it! It's a real page-turner!