Monday, April 23, 2007

Totally DVD

I have finally taken the plunge.

At first I didn't think I would ever do it even though I'm such a cyber nut. Always on the 'net, soaking up info whenever I can find it, trying out new gadgets daily.

Why, would I need to order DVD rentals on-line, you know?

I mean, I would totally read how many of my friends order from Netflix--pick movies, and wait for them to arrive in their mailbox. Pretty simple, right?

So I researched, figured it would save me actual money in the long run if I joined Blockbuster Total Access, which is like Netflix, but I get to also take my rentals to my local Blockbuster and get free rentals!

Yes, I love free stuff. haha!

I am so in! I have added another notch in my cyber belt of experience. I'm actually excited to check my mail now.

One of these days, I am going to even order books on-line!

(And before anyone gasps :) :) , there is just something about walking into a book store that is really hard to replace by ordering on-line. Being surrounded by books is such a comfort to me!)

So...are you a DVD/Book order on-line kind of a person, or do actual stores suit you better?

5 fresh comments:

TinaFerraro said...

I'm Netflix all the way! And a combo of on-line and brick-and-mortar stores. But you're right, ordering on-line sure makes mail time fun!

Kelly (Lynn) Parra said...

haha! Thanks for commenting, Tina!

GeminiWisdom said...

I order my adult series romance online because I get an even bigger discount than the store, but I still like going into the store (Bookstar or Barnes and Noble) to buy the other types of romance books.

stephhale said...

We used to have Netflix and I LOVED it, but we just weren't watching enough movies to keep up. As for books, I usually have to go thru Amazon because we don't have many bookstores around here but I prefer browsing in an actual store and being surrounded by all those lovely books!
xo,
Steph

Kelly (Lynn) Parra said...

GW, yes, on-line discounts are always great! :) :)
---
Steph, I don't have a Borders in my town. It's really tough for me!! ;)