Monday, April 16, 2007

So did you hear?

"Harry Potter" pre-orders break bookseller record.

Barnes & Noble Inc. on Thursday said advance orders for author J.K. Rowling's "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows" have topped 500,000 copies, breaking the bookseller chain's record for the most advance requests in its history.

Imagine that. 500,000 copies on advance order before the book hits shelves on July 21st. Yowzers. Think of all the pre-orders before then as well as other booksellers, including the sales of buyers who will pick it up from all this buzz alone.

Because there are readers--like myself!--who haven't read the Harry Potter series. One of these days I will. I have watched the movies. haha!

Let me know if you're a faithful Harry Potter fan. :) :)

14 fresh comments:

Jessica Burkhart said...

Kelly, Kelly- it's almost a sin nowadays not to ready HP! :) Yep, I'm a crazy fan. I love, love the books and have seen all of the movies several times. You've gotta watch the movies, girl! LOL

Jessica Burkhart said...

Whoops, you have watched the movies! Whew! :)

Kelly (Lynn) Parra said...

I know, I know! haha! I will read the series, it's just one of those things I have to scratch off my list. Thanks, Jess!!

TinaFerraro said...

Hey, Kelly, and all, I'm back from my signing trip (okay--the family called it a skiing trip, but what do they know?) and ready to settle back in.

First up, HP! The series is such a hit at my house that I've already pre-ordered #7. But I personally don't read them...just see the movies.

GeminiWisdom said...

Watched the movies, but never read the books. I was watching E! over the weekend and they said they had a segment called "The 20 Most Wealthy Women in The World" or something like. She was in the top 5, like #3 I think. She's worth $1 billion! The only author to be worth that much. They said she'll be making long after she dies. Can you imagine? Gah!

Anonymous said...

I think Jess is the only one because I'm like everyone else. Never read the books, just watched the movies.

Anonymous said...

LOL. Ditto, ditto, ditto. Love the movies, never read the books. Although it's funny listening to the die-hard fans talk about what they liked or didn't like about the movie. Looking forward to seeing Order of the Phoenix.

Kelly (Lynn) Parra said...

Tina, good to have you back!! :) So HP is a family fave? Great!
---
Gemini, no way! Wow. That's amazing and I'm sure well-deserved. Good for JK!

Kelly (Lynn) Parra said...

Hi Mattie, I've convinced myself I will read the series...one day. haha!
---
Skylar, I'm looking forward to the next HP movie too! :)

Unknown said...

I'm a huge Harry Potter fan. Read all six, (im)patiently waiting for the seventh, and will probably weep pathetically once I am finished with it.

The movies are gems, and you can definitely watch them without having read the series... but they're never the same.

Shame, shame, shame on you Kelly. :P

In all seriousness though, I envy you haven't read them because you'll get to discover and have great reads ahead of you!

Kelly (Lynn) Parra said...

Thanks, Ella! How can I resist that recommendation?? haha!

Lisa Asanuma said...

I love the Harry Potter books, but Harry himself I'm just sort of iffy about. It's Ron I adore! In fact I only read the books because I thought Ron was really adorable in it, and I wanted to see if Ron and Hermione were as obviously going to end up together as they seemed in the movies—and to my delight, they were!

stephhale said...

I haven't read the books or seen the movies (except for a few bits and pieces). I feel guilty about it so I'm sure I'll get to it one day! :)
Steph~
ps- Kelly, I'm so jealous you got an arc of Marked. I can't wait to
get this book. I went to a seminar given by Gena S. and PC Cast at Nationals last year. They were hilarious!

Kelly (Lynn) Parra said...

Lisa, cool you like Ron! He's different and I like that about him in the movies! :) :)
---
Steph, I can't wait to read the ARC. I'm just piled with stuff to do. haha! I haven't been to either one of their workshops yet, but when I have a chance I will!