Monday, April 30, 2007

Dreaming It Up!

It's Meme-Girls time again, with The Dream Meme by Jennifer Lynn Barnes.

Do you remember your dreams? Yes, but mostly when I first wake up, then as the day goes on they are smoke!

What's the best dream you've ever had? To be a writer. :) :)

What's the worst nightmare you've ever had? I was being chased by a really mean person. Yikes!

What's the absolute WEIRDEST dream you've ever had? I actually had one of those dreams where my teeth fell out. It was the weirdest sensation. haha!

Can you control your dreams? I used to when I had more time to lay down and think about them, but I'm so busy I'm lucky if I remember much of my dreams.

Do you have any recurring dreams? No. All my dreams are fresh and new. :)

Have you ever had a flying dream? No, but I wish I did!

How about one of those dreams where you go to school/work and realize that you're naked? LOL! No, not yet...

Have you ever had a dream that featured characters from a book, movie, or television show? Yes! It's embarrassing but when I was younger Kirk Cameron was in my dream. haha!

Have you ever had a dream where your teeth fall out? Yes, see above!

Have you ever dreamed something that later came true? I'm not sure, but I've had that deja vu feeling many a times.

Bonus question for writers: Have your characters ever shown up in your dreams? No, that would probably really trip me out!

Who else wants to play? :)

5 fresh comments:

TinaFerraro said...

Kelly, fun to read your dream Meme!

And this is the perfect time for my dream confession, huh, about characters' names?

Twice when I've been struggling with creating characters, I've woken with new names. Once was with HOW TO HOOK A HOTTIE. I woke with the name "Jason Dalrymple, call him Dal" in my head for the hero. It seemed really weird, but I went with it...and my editor later told me she really likes it!

Then it happened again a couple months ago. I'm presently writing about a female soccer player and woke up thinking, "Parker, rhymes with Porker because she's a ball hog". And although that seems odd for a girl to me, Parker now she is!

And one time I wrote a short story--that I sold--based on a dream.

Otherwise, I pretty much forget them once I turn on the coffee pot.

Kelly (Lynn) Parra said...

haha! I think that is so cool you've dreamed of your characters' names, Tina! It's always great to learn how a writer names a character or discovers an idea for a book!!

Now I want my dreams to help me with my books! :) :)

Erica Orloff said...

Hi Kelly:
When I took psychology in college, I was told the tetth falling out dream is in the top-100 most common, which was a relief because I have that dream AT LEAST twice a year and it always freaks me out!!!!

I control my dreams a lot more than I used to--I used to have a lot of horrific nightmares, but have conquered them about 98% of the time. Which feels really, really good.
E

stephhale said...

All of my life I have had recurring dreams about tornadoes. Not the same dream, but always me trying to get away from it. Very freaky. I read somewhere that it means you have a lot of chaos surrounding you.
It isn't pretty around here when the sirens go off which happens a lot this time of year!
I need to get a really great book deal so I can buy a house with a basement! :)
xo,
Steph

Kelly (Lynn) Parra said...

Erica, I didn't know the teeth dream was so popular! haha! It is strange to have. I'm glad you've defeated many of your nightmares. :) :)
---
Wow, Steph, that has to be scary!! Yes, get a house with a basement! Yikes! :) ;)