Tuesday, May 06, 2008

Screamin' Meme!

The lovely and talented Tera Lynn Childs, whose book, OH.MY.GODS, came out last week, tagged YA FRESH with a meme. Here’s what I had to do:

1. Pick up the nearest book.
2. Open to page 123.
3. Find the fifth sentence.
4. Post the next three sentences.
5. Tag five people and post a comment to the person who tagged me.

Okay, so the nearest book to me? An advanced reader copy of AIRHEAD by Meg Cabot (which I will be reviewing here on YA FRESH in the near future).

Page 123, fifth sentence: “Do you have low blood sugar?”

The next three sentences: “Do you want some Tab energy drink or something? Brandon, go pour her a Tab.” “No,” I said weakly, refraining from pointing out to her that Tab is sugar-free, not really useful for hypoglycemics.

Five people I am tagging:

Heather Davis
Simone Elkeles
Stephanie Hale
Dona Sarkar
Wendy Toliver

Hope you ladies have fun with this...and hope the rest of you enjoy this very brief sneak preview of AIRHEAD!

9 fresh comments:

Me said...

I'm a dying to read this book! Is it in stores yet? And I love that Meg worked in her TAB addiction--just like I work in my distress over the retirement of Ben & Jerry's White Russian. (Although, I think her addiction is far healthier.)

Kelly (Lynn) Parra said...

Fun, Tera and Tina!!

- Wicked Lovely by Melissa Marr
- "The last girl..."
- "Niall glanced up from the TV. 'Mortal habits change faster than yours. Try a casual 'friends' approach.'"

TinaFerraro said...

Hey, TLC. I actually don't know if AIRHEAD is in stores yet. The ARC cover states a June release, but her publicist (Hi, Robin!) told me we could review it in May, and so I started reading it this week.

And I've thrown in mentions of a few of my personal favorites into books, too, like Diet Dr. Pepper and Chili Cheese Fritos.

TinaFerraro said...

Hey, Kelly, thanks for the snippets of Wicked Lovely, which come to think of it, is a finalist in the YA Rita category, just like GRAFFITI GIRL. (Like how I got that plug in for you???)

stephhale said...

"A beach-type thing, you know?"
"Sounds great," I said, my voice flat, and grabbed my stuff. I didn't know why I told him anything. All he cared about was stupid Perfect You.

From PERFECT YOU by Elizabeth Scott. I loved this book and highly recommend it! :)
Thanks for tagging me, Tina.

TinaFerraro said...

Oh, Steph, that one's on my list to read...thanks for the preview...

Kelly (Lynn) Parra said...

LOL, Tina, thanks! Yes, we're both YA RITA finalists, and I'm enjoying the story very much!

Dona Sarkar-Mishra said...

Hahah, I did the meme wrong! I added the book line and make up three lines after of my own and posted them on BBG today!

TinaFerraro said...

Dona, there's no right or wrong with the meme. I'll check it out over there.