Tuesday, May 13, 2008

New Author (To Me, Anyway!)

I went to the book store recently and there were too many awesome books to choose from! I could not decide which one I would pick up. There had to be at least five hardbacks recently released by some of my fave authors that I wanted to scoop up right then, but you know book budget... :)

So what did I do?

I picked up someone totally new to me.

The Black Tattoo by Sam Enthoven.

The cover caught my eye, then I skimmed the first few pages. Nice voice, creepy and intriguing story line involving demons. I scooped it up. I looove trying new authors just as much as returning to my faves.

How about you? What aspects draw you to a new YA author?

1 fresh comments:

TinaFerraro said...

It has been a while since I spontaneously tried a new author because there are so many books/so little time. But what I've been doing lately is catching up on brand new authors whose chapters I judged in unpublished contests or critiqued. It's exciting to see authors sell their first books and to support them, like so many people did me with PROM DRESS.