Monday, October 15, 2007

Teen Read Week!
October 14 – 20, 2007
LOL @ Your Library!

I mean, who doesn’t love to LOL, right?

To kick off the week at YA Fresh, here are a few LOL teen books…

I definitely have to mention our Tina Ferraro’s Top Ten Uses for an Unworn Prom Dress.

If you haven’t read Prom Dress, Tina gives some clever uses for Nic’s unworn prom dress, and many of them made me laugh and cheer!

Here’s one of my faves:

TOP TEN USES FOR AN UNWORN
PROM DRESS #5

Run the silky pink fabric up the school flagpole
in solidarity with all girls who’ve been cruelly
ditched, dodged, and dumped.

Too fun! This is just a sample of Tina's originality and voice!

And here are two humorous books in my TBR pile that I'm eager to read:

>>Alex Richards’s Back Talk
>>Stephanie Hales’s Revenge of the Homecoming Queen

Read some LOL books recently or have a fave?

5 fresh comments:

TinaFerraro said...

Wow, Kelly, thanks for the mention here! (I'm blushing...)

Among my favorite LOL books are AUSTENLAND by Shannon Hale, REVENGE OF THE HOMECOMING QUEEN by Stephanie Hale (no relation to Shannon), and HOW TO RUIN A SUMMER VACATION by Simone Elkeles.

Anonymous said...

A Novel Idea by Aimee Friedman. I'm reviewing this on my blog this week and giving away a copy. In honor of Teen Read Week, there will be book reviews, character interviews and and chances to win books everyday. Day One, I'm giving away a copy of Tina's book, Top Ten Uses for an UnWorn Prom Dress. Be sure to stop by.

Kelly (Lynn) Parra said...

Tina, each of those are on my list to pick up! And you're welcome!!
--
Celise, great! I've been wanting to read Friedman! How great you're giving away a copy of Prom Dress!!

Jessica Burkhart said...

I just finished TWELVE by Lauren Myracle and there's a great line in there that I just LOL'ed over for half the day. :)

stephhale said...

Ooh, I thought my ears were burning! :) I hope you like Revenge, Kelly. GG is still stuck in my never-ending-it-would-help-if-I-could-quit-buying TBR pile!