Wednesday, October 10, 2007

How to Hook a Hottie: Three Months and Counting...


How to Hook a Hottie will hit shelves on January 8, 2008, and to say I’m getting excited is like saying some people saw High School Musical...

I’ve changed the icon on my MySpace (www.myspace.com/ferrarotina) to the new cover. My web master is about to update my webpage (www.tinaferraro.com). I’m waiting to hear from my publicist about the details of the marketing plans. And I spent a couple weekends revamping my giveaway bookmarks.

But what’s most fun is the reactions I’m getting from teens about the title. I keep hearing, “Oh, I have to read that one!” And they want to know if I give them honest-to-goodness tips and tricks (answer: yes, but I can’t guarantee the success rate) and if the main character gets the hottie in the end (not saying, but that’s where I mention that I am first and foremost a romance writer).

And then I usually tell them about the Hexagon for Hooking Hotties on page 91 which offers a chance for the book’s characters (and for its readers) to see how compatible they would be with their own fill-in-the-blank hottie. This Hexagon was created for me by a NASA rocket scientist (no joke--I have one in the family), and tested out on a team of teens who are actively in pursuit of hotties (not too hard to find). So it’s got some real merit--but again I have to warn that “results may vary”.

In any case, 82 days seems so close and yet so far. I’ll just have to fill my time reading the great fall/winter YA releases. Anyone have any recommendations for me?

7 fresh comments:

Jessica Burkhart said...

Yay, Tina!! :) I can't wait to read it.

I'm reading THE PRINCESS AND THE HOUND. It's by Harper's EOS line. It's a really beautiful book and I'd recommend it.

Kelly (Lynn) Parra said...

I can't wait until the release, Tina!! Woo-hoo!!

TinaFerraro said...

Thanks, Jessica. I will check that book out.

And Kelly, thanks for your support, too, and for going into the blogger and fixing those links so that they work now! :)

Em said...

I can't wait to read the new book! :-)

My fav YA/teen novels of the season are Undercover by Beth Kephart and 13 Reasons Why by Jay Asher.

TinaFerraro said...

Thanks, Em! And I'll be sure to check out those books!

stephhale said...

I'm just going to say it...you're being a tease! :) I can't wait to read hottie. And a fill-in-the-blanks section? OMG, how cool! I used to be totally addicted to Mad Libs and have dreamt of a way to incorporate one in a book!

TinaFerraro said...

Mad Libs...yeah, I loved them, too. And I live to tease you, Steph! :)