Wednesday, June 13, 2007

We try to keep it fun here at YA Fresh!

We love to talk books, authors, and interesting topics, and keep visitors entertained.

Here is our latest fresh endeavor--the YA Fresh cyber ad! :) :)


The YA Fresh blog!


I am no means an expert but it was fun to experiment with.

Now this summer, I'm sure is going to busy for everyone. There are family activities, summer blockbuster movies to watch, vacations, hanging out--READING BOOKS! :)

I'm going to be doing all those listed above. Beside being an avid reader, I'm an avid movie watcher and I'm excited about the Fantastic 4: Rise of The Silver Surfer movie!

How about your summer plans? Doing anything you care to share or something you are really looking forward to?

8 fresh comments:

TinaFerraro said...

Kelly, you already know I love the YA FRESH Cyber ad...in fact, I added it to my MySpace.

This summer I have several short trips planned, three of which are writing-related: the Romance Writers of America conference in Dallas, a visit to my editor at Random House in NY, and a YA group signing in Arizona.

As for goals, I plan to catch up on all the books I haven't had time to read, plus get my latest manuscript finished for my September 1 deadline.

And I plan to be here, every day, either through my home computer or an on-the-road laptop!

Erica Orloff said...

Well, I am still trying to conquer the art of knitting, so I am hoping to do some relaxing and knitting. But with four kids, I don't know if "relaxing" is the right word.
:-)
E

stephhale said...

I am looking forward to my book release (20 days, baby!), getting my leg working right again (small accident), meeting u & Tina & the other Buzz girls in Dallas (b/c I will be there, it just might be in a wheel chair), getting my sequel revisions turned in, playing in the water with my boys a lot, grilling out, and TRANSFORMERS!!!!
Kelly, in case you didn't know I have a mild crush on Shia!

Erin said...

At the moment I've got to get ready for a two week trip to my grandparents in IA and SD (I leave Monday). THEN I'll start rehearsals for the summer play I'm in. Oh, and I'm also filming two movies this summer.

Happiness. :)

Kelly (Lynn) Parra said...

Thanks, Tina! And you know I admire all the traveling you do. :) :) Good luck with that deadline--I know you can do it!
---
Erica, I would love to knit! I once knew how to crochet, but have long forgotten, but to able to knit a scarf has big appeal to me, haha!

Kelly (Lynn) Parra said...

Woo-hoo, Steph!! I think all of us are looking forward to your release!! I won't meet you in Dallas, but maybe San Fran in 08? Oh, yeah, Transformers looks good too! haha, about Shia!
---
Erin, that is so exciting to be traveling and acting! Did you audition for your movie roles? Have fun!!

Erin said...

I auditioned for the play I'm in.

One of the movies is just a "for fun" that my friends and I are making. So I didn't have to audition for that one. :)

The other film I didn't have to audition for either, I was asked by the director (very exciting to be ASKED), who I knew. This one is basically for fun, too, but the set/equipment, etc. is definitely fancier than any other film I've worked on.

Kelly (Lynn) Parra said...

Erin, it all sounds really fun! I hope you have a blast! :) :)