Monday, June 04, 2007

Meme-Girls Fun!

"This Meme Girls Original Meme is for anyone who's ever daydreamed about meeting their favorite author. You can only use each author once, so choose your answers carefully!"

Okay, I've decided to do this straight YA style!

1. If you could meet any author in the world, who would you choose?

Oh this is tough. I'll go ahead ahead with one of my fave YA authors, Sarah Dessen!

2. You've won a Super Special contest, and as a result, you get to have five authors over for dinner. Who do you invite and why? For bonus points, describe the evening.

Okay, I can't use Sarah Dessen again! Of course, Tina Ferraro. Laurie Halse Anderson, and my YA pals Jenny O'Connell, Ally Carter, and let's add Cecil Castellucci because she seems like a really cool person to chat with! And I'd keep it pretty casual, with music, pizza and who could say no to cake??

3. A medium approaches you and says that you've been chosen to receive a visit from a dead writer of your choice... who do you ask the medium to channel and what would you ask them?

Totally V.C. Andrews, and I'd ask what was her back story behind writing Flowers in the Attic?

4. What author would you most like to read your writing?

Hmm, um, Steph Hale because she said she would. lol!

5. If you could pick one writer to write the story of your life, who would you choose?

Dominique Paul because she rocks writing about the eighties!

6. If you could co-write a book with any author, who would you most like to collaborate with?

Of course, if I could I'd choose Tina, bo-bina. ;) Definitely Allison van Diepen because she writes edgy and I love to edgy!

7. If you could give one series author input on the next book in their series, who would it be and what would you tell them?

I haven't read many YA series books. Any recommendations?

Pick a meme question and answer in the comments if you'd like to play!

4 fresh comments:

TinaFerraro said...

Tina-Bo-Bina graciously accepts all dinner invites, even without cake! :0 And would love to co-write with you, Kelly. (Sometimes it feels like we already do, huh???)

Okay, I randomly picked one to answer: "What author would you most like to read your writing?"

Before I answer, I'd like to add AND LIKE my writing, as oppposed to thinking it drivel. :) And while I know that we're supposed to be staying in the YA genre, lots of teen read him, so I'm only slightly cheating:
Stephen King would be my choice!

Who's next?

Kelly (Lynn) Parra said...

haha! Yes, it does feel like co-writing at times, especially when we start a new project. :)

Great about SK--yep, you cheated. LOL! That's okay, SK is super cool! :) :)

stephhale said...

I think I would love to have dinner with Stephen King, too. He is such a fascinating person, but I have a feeling I probably wouldn't have much of an appetite.
Thanks for saying you'd like me to read your writing, and I will, even though you didn't invite me to dinner! :) ha!
I have had your book for a while and I really want to read it, but I'm doing revisions on my sequel which also has an Angel and I felt like I might get conflicted. Lame, I know, I'm weird like that.
Also, there were FOUR copies of your book at my local Waldenbooks today. This store has like zero young adult books so this is a really big deal! :)
xo,
Steph

Kelly (Lynn) Parra said...

Steph, you are the only YA author who has come out and told me they've really bought my book and is *going* to read it. haha! Since I could only name an author once in the meme, I skipped the dinner invite, but of course if I was having a real author dinner you would so be there! :) :)

Thanks for letting me know about Waldens. I love Waldenbooks. They closed my favorite one in my town so I'm glad you have yours with 4 copies of GG. yay!