Friday, June 22, 2007

Summer Desserts

I can feel the summer warmth begin in California and I've been having a few chats about summer...and desserts! Yes, yummy desserts I'll probably splurge on this summer...and you know, munch out on. haha!



Milk shakes are ALWAYS great. Banana splits are like heaven! There are those frozen bananas dipped in chocolate, have you ever tried one? And don't forget Jello with whipped cream, or snow cones with different flavors.

And let me tell you one of my all time faves. You'd think it would be something unique and outrageous...but it's not.

One of my fave summer desserts is a fudgesicle!



What are your fave summer desserts?

10 fresh comments:

TinaFerraro said...

Oh, fun, Kel! I love Italian ices. And sno cones. And slurpees. Your basic sugar water over ice, masquerading as a fruit flavor! :)

stephhale said...

I love shaved ice, although we haven't stopped to get any yet this year. I used to dream of owning a shaved ice hut on the beach in Hawaii then decided to go with the whole writing thing! :)

My boys are addicted to those freezers pops, they drive me crazy wanting to eat them all day long.

Kelly (Lynn) Parra said...

Hmm, Italian ices sound great, Tina!
---
Steph, that's a cool dream! :)

Merry Monteleone said...

Italian Ice is great, but only if it's homemade using real fruit... yum.

Lately I'm into fresh cut fruit with a fruit dip made from cream cheese and marshmellow fluff - yummy with strawberries.

Kelly (Lynn) Parra said...

Now I want some Italian Ice too! Thanks, Merry! :) :)

Erica Orloff said...

Italian ice for me! And good ol' Dairy Queen soft-serve chocolate-dipped cones. :-)
E

Dr. Bill Emener said...

My favorite is still what it was when I was a child growing up in (then) rural south Jersey (with one minor difference) -- a stolen baby water melon left in a cool stream all day, split open and devoured under a shade tree later in the afternoon. (I just don't steal them anymore.)
Bill

Kelly (Lynn) Parra said...

Hmm, Erica! I forgot about Dairy Queen cones!
---
Bill, sounds terrific!! :)

Anonymous said...

Hod fudge sundaes from Baskin Robbins

Anonymous said...

Strawberry iced tea from CoolBeans Cafe