Monday, July 20, 2009

Workshop in Cali

If you're in the California coastal area, I'm giving a workshop with YA author, Shelley Adina!

We'll be in Monterey, California tomorrow, July 21st, 2009, talking YA!

Emerging Genres: Writing and Selling Multicultural
and Inspirational Young Adult Fiction


"Today’s market is more difficult to break into than ever, but there are under served niches that editors and agents are looking to fill. Multi-published young-adult authors Kelly Parra and Shelley Adina will discuss two of these: the multicultural and inspirational genres, with a focus on young adult fiction. They’ll share tips on how to write for these readers, strategies for breaking in, and the do’s and don’ts they’ve learned the hard way. They’ll also share some of their marketing and promotion strategies for reaching readers."

Check out the info @ Central Coast California Writers.

I received an email from one of our blogger friends, who is visiting the area and said she'll be attending, so I'm excited!

6 fresh comments:

Erica said...

I so wish I lived closer. I would totally go.

Kelly (Lynn) Parra said...

Thanks, Erica! I always feel that way with events too far away from me too!

TinaFerraro said...

Sorry to be missing it. Sounds great!

mocha mother earth lover said...

I'd love to read about the conversation about focusing on multicultural characters and themes in YA books. Love this blog!

Kelly (Lynn) Parra said...

Thanks for your interest! One day I'll have to give an on-line workshop. I did post a little bit about the evening with pics!

WordVore Prod said...

This must've been so cool...I've heard all sots of wonderful things about Cali...
*sigh*