Friday, September 28, 2007

Websites!

So Let’s talk about young adult author websites.

Whose sites are out there that you think are super cool?

Meg Cabot’s site is really awesome and one of my faves. It's hip, it's bright and fun, with loads of information on her books.

On a YA website, I like excerpts, basic book info, maybe a little behind the scenes and characters…

I want to know what you like--please share!

What do you like in an YA author’s website, and which are your faves?

10 fresh comments:

stephhale said...

Okay, so I know this is totally biased, but I am still so in love with my website. I love all the sites that my designer, Denise Biondo creates. They are so fun and really individual!

TinaFerraro said...

I adore Steph's, as well (love how you enter through a locker), and Kelly, just the other day, I was perusing yours (www.kellyparra.com) and thinking how much I like your monthly newsletter and how you keep your pics up-to-date!

Melissa Walker said...

I adore Megan Mccafferty's Retroblog, and I have enough journals myself that I may cop that idea soon... giving her credit, of course!

Kelly (Lynn) Parra said...

Steph, your website theme is so cute!! Awesome choice for designer!
--
Thanks, Tina! I try to update it each month if I can. I love all the fun quizzes and extras you've added to yours!
--
Great, Melissa! I'll definitely check out MM's site and blog!

Anonymous said...

i love maureen johnson's blog

Kelly (Lynn) Parra said...

Yes, anon, that's a great blog!!

Em said...

I'm totally in love with Melissa Marr's blog. She talks about her books, her writing experiences, and also interesting tidbits about her tours. Plus she posted AMAZING pics of Ireland. I also like Libba Bray's website and Sarah Dessen's too. I really like it when an author highlights their upcoming books - even if it's months in advance. :-)

Em said...

Oh, I forgot to mention Elizabeth Scott's website. She does a really good job of posting info about her upcoming books. :-)

Kelly (Lynn) Parra said...

Em, thank you for sharing all these great sites! ~ k

Jessica Burkhart said...

Ooh, I do love Simone Elkeles' site. It's so, so adorable! Jenny Myerhoff's has an elegant, girly feel.