Friday, July 13, 2007

A Must-See Movie

If you haven't seen the Walt Disney movie, Holes, you are seriously missing out.

And let me tell you why...

Holes has adventure...
Suspense...
Laughs...
Family Curses...
Hidden Treasure...
And family events that have happened centuries in the past and come full circle with three families.

Stanley Yelnats's family has a run of bad luck that stemmed from a family curse that began centuries ago. He ends up getting caught for stealing a pair of expensive shoes--which he actually found. He is given 18 months at Camp Green Lake, where his life changes with newfound hardships and friendships. And you guessed it, during his time he's supposed to dig holes.

The characters are unique and memorable and the bad guys, funny and mean. The story is weaved with the past and how curses and vendettas come to a head. Holes is an awesome, must-see family movie!

I have yet to read Holes by Louis Sachar, but the novel has been added to my "Must Read" list!

7 fresh comments:

Erin said...

I adore this movie soooo much!

Jessica Burkhart said...

I love the movie! I've seen it twice and have read the book. :)

Kelly (Lynn) Parra said...

Erin and Jessica, I'm glad you enjoyed Holes, too!!

Authorness said...

You'll love the book, Kelly. It's brilliant!

TinaFerraro said...

I read the book, but the movie is now on my Netflix list! Thanks, Kelly!

Anonymous said...

And Shia!

Kelly (Lynn) Parra said...

Thanks, Vanessa, can't wait to read it!
---
You'll enjoy it, Tina!
--
Shia LaBeouf, Trisha? He was awesome!