Monday, December 10, 2007

Gotta Share!

Publishers Weekly ran an article last week called “’Twas the Day After Christmas,” talking about how post-December 25 book sales are steadily rising as a result of holiday gift cards.

Quoted in this article is Random House’s Director of Sales for Children’s books, Joan de Mayo, saying the week after Christmas is now considered “a prime time to release big books.” And among the books listed in this article that Random House is releasing after Christmas?

Magic Tree House #36 by Mary Pope Osborne
The Sweet Far Thing by Libba Bray
Hattie Big Sky by Kirby Larson
Runemarks by Joanne Harris
Small Steps by Louis Sachar

And...(wait for it, wait for it)...

How to Hook a Hottie by Tina Ferraro

Wow, huh? I absolutely can’t believe my book appears on this prestigious list, and so you’ll forgive this blatant self-promotion as I shout it from the rooftops, huh?

And may I say I hope all of you get bookstore gift cards this year! =)

Anyone else get any early holiday "gifts"?

4 fresh comments:

Anonymous said...

Tina,
CONGRATS!
I'm waiting for one. Not sure when it will come!

Happy Holidays,

Janie

Kelly (Lynn) Parra said...

Yay, Tina! Getting mentioned in PW is way cool!

I have been getting early gifts this year, but that's because my b-day is so close to Christmas. haha!

TinaFerraro said...

Thanks Janie & Kelly!

And Kelly, I forgot you have a b-day coming soon...we'll have to do a cyber HB sing for you!

Anonymous said...

Woot! Congrats that's awesome!

It definitely made my list as well - I'm really hoping for gift cards for Christmas :)

-bria