Publishers Weekly ran an article last week called “’Twas the Day After Christmas,” talking about how post-December 25 book sales are steadily rising as a result of holiday gift cards.
Quoted in this article is Random House’s Director of Sales for Children’s books, Joan de Mayo, saying the week after Christmas is now considered “a prime time to release big books.” And among the books listed in this article that Random House is releasing after Christmas?
• Magic Tree House #36 by Mary Pope Osborne
• The Sweet Far Thing by Libba Bray
• Hattie Big Sky by Kirby Larson
• Runemarks by Joanne Harris
• Small Steps by Louis Sachar
And...(wait for it, wait for it)...
• How to Hook a Hottie by Tina Ferraro
Wow, huh? I absolutely can’t believe my book appears on this prestigious list, and so you’ll forgive this blatant self-promotion as I shout it from the rooftops, huh?
And may I say I hope all of you get bookstore gift cards this year! =)
Anyone else get any early holiday "gifts"?
Monday, December 10, 2007