Friday, January 26, 2007

Cupcakes Aren't Just for Birthdays Anymore!

I’m on the inside track of something hot and trendy and, yes, YA Fresh. And I gotta share it, even if my scoop is admittedly secondhand.

It’s called Sprinkles Cupcakes, and the word on the LA street is they are to die for.


You’re probably like, “cupcakes?” Those things mothers have been sending into classrooms on birthdays for as long as you can remember? Well, yes--and no. Mom never made flavors like peanut butter chocolate or red velvet or cinnamon sugar, huh? Nor were they ever *this* delicious.

But again, you can’t take my word for it. I’ve never actually eaten one. I just keep hearing about them. And I’m trusting the experts. Like Tyra Banks and Oprah. Like the Good Morning America gang. And the folks at the Food Network.

Stories have come to me about ridiculously long lines at the Beverly Hills bakery, about people finally making it to the front only to discover they’d already sold out for the day. About how they don’t ship, but will car deliver them in the LA area for a Beverly Hills worthy price.

And what was once two southern California bakeries has now exploded nation-wide and even overseas.

Until a Sprinkles bakery comes to a city near you, check out the website (www.sprinklescupcakes.com) and dream. And maybe do lots of jumping jacks and sit-ups. For while Sprinkles cupcakes have no trans fats, they are made with the highest quality butter, chocolate and vanilla. But come on, that’s part of the appeal, isn’t it?

I know it is for me. And one of these Saturdays, I’m going to get my butt out of bed before dawn, drive across town to Beverly Hills, get in that line. And then I’ll be back with a first hand report on what’s hot, trendy and YA fresh!

4 fresh comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi
AAAAAAAAAA I want cupcakes nowwww

I work for Detective Matt Cooper.
He is the famous author of
HELL IN A BRIEFCASE & HOSTILE INTENT.
He is currently looking for your opinions and ideas
about his next novel.
He also offers daily security tips.
Please take a moment to read his latest adventures.


You can visit us at:
www.detectivemattcooper.blogspot.com

Kelly (Lynn) Parra said...

Yum!!! They look fantastic, Tina. I want to visit this bakery!

Sara Hantz said...

They look so yummy.... I want one!!!

Nicole Burnham said...

Those look positively dangerous. I think I'd inhale the whole box!