Friday, December 15, 2006

Top Ten Uses For an Unworn Prom Dress

In case you don't know, my cool friend Tina Ferraro's debut novel, Top Ten Uses For an Unworn Prom Dress, is coming March, 2007 to a book store near you.

I mean, just look at the cover? Totally cute, right? Of course, I read this fab book and here's my quote...

"Tina Ferraro spins a story filled with laughter and tears as we follow the lengths one teen will go to keep her life from falling apart. Top Ten Uses For An Unworn Prom Dress is any girl's guide to best friends, hot guys, and one fabulous prom dress." Kelly Parra, author of Graffiti Girl.

And because Tina doesn't have a personal blog and I'm so excited for her, I just had to share her first print ad in American Cheerleader. Click the pic for a larger copy to read or check out the latest issue for yourself! :)

8 fresh comments:

TinaFerraro said...

WOW, Kelly, thank you!

And may I take this opportunity to say with full confidence that you are the world's best critique partner. You went over every scene of PROM DRESS with a fine tooth comb (over and over) and I couldn't have done it without you.

And I just want to add that I'm totally psyched about American Cheerleader's support for my book...and am hoping PROM DRESS strikes a chord in girls in all walks of teen life.

Tina

Anonymous said...

Hi Kelly,
I've read PROM DRESS also and absolutely loved it. And am anxious for your book to come out, too.

Janie

Kelly (Lynn) Parra said...

Hey, Tina, you're welcome! lol, thanks! I am happy to have been a part of such a fun and great book! You know I feel the same about you and GG. =D
--
Hi Janie! Good to see you here! Thanks, I'm anxious for my book to be released too!

Sara Hantz said...

That is one cool cover. I totally adore it!!! Hope it comes out in NZ.... if not I'll be adding it to my Amazon order.

TinaFerraro said...

Thanks for your interest in my book, Sara! It was a lot of fun to write, and I'm hoping it's a fun read, too. :)

Unfortunately PROM DRESS will not be available any time soon in New Zealand, but is already available for pre-order on Amazon.

Some day I want to visit New Zealand. I spent about a month in Australia in 2002, and absolutely loved it. Another trip there, plus a jaunt to NZ is definitely in order!

Thanks again,

Tina

Kelly (Lynn) Parra said...

Hi Sara, thanks for stopping by!

stephhale said...

I feel like I have been waiting forever to read Tina's book. I am so excited for her such good things are happening and she deserves every single one of them.
xo,
steph
www.stephaniehale.com

TinaFerraro said...

Thanks, and ditto for your book, Steph! You have an amazing cover and storyline...but I still have to wait until July to read REVENGE OF THE HOMECOMING QUEEN, right? Ugh--too long!

Tina