Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Graffiti Girl Sharefest

I hope those of you who celebrated Christmas had a great holiday! Okay, this is a total sharefest post on Graffiti Girl. Right before the holiday I received my book blurb from my editor and my illustration ads I had designed by Urban Envy. I am so jazzed!

Graffiti Girl
She's ready to make her mark.


Graffiti art. It's bold. It's thrilling. And it can get a girl into serious trouble...

Raised by her single mom (who's always dating the wrong kind of man) in a struggling California neighborhood, Angel Rodriguez is a headstrong, independent young woman who channels her hopes and dreams for the future into her painting. But when her entry for a community mural doesn't rate, she’s heartbroken. Even with winning artist Nathan Ramos--a senior track star and Angel's secret crush--taking a sudden interest in Angel and her art, she's angry and hurt. She's determined to find her own place in the art world, her own way.

That's when Miguel Badalin--from the notorious graffiti crew Reyes Del Norte--opens her eyes to an underground world of graf tags and turf wars. She's blown away by this bad boy's fantastic work and finds herself drawn to his dangerous charm. Soon she's running with Miguel's crew, pushing her skills to the limit and beginning to emerge as the artist she always dreamed she could be. But Nathan and Miguel are bitter enemies with a shared past, and choosing between them and their wildly different approaches to life and art means that Angel must decide what matters most before the artist inside of her can truly break free.


And stay tuned for some YA Fresh news!

3 fresh comments:

TinaFerraro said...

Hey, Kelly, as one of the few people who has had the pleasure of reading Graffiti Girl, I have to say the blurb is not only gotta-buy-the-book catchy, but a true representation of the book's riveting story.

And I LOVE the illustration ads, and hope to see much of them in the months to come.

Congrats on both, Kelly!

Tina

Sara Hantz said...

Wow, Kelly. Your book sounds awesome. Is it coming out in NZ?? if not it will def be on my Amazon order.

Kelly (Lynn) Parra said...

Tina, thanks so much! I hope the ads work well! =D
---
Hi Sara, no word on NZ, but I appreciate the amazon order! I can't wait to read your book next year too!
---
Thanks Susan! I am really excited!