Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Color Me Orange!

It seems there’s always been tests that told you what your colors were. Based on a series of questions, they would conclude which color best defined your personality or complemented your hair and skin tones.

I never had to take any of those tests. For as long as I can remember (and waaay before clothing stores commonly carried these shades), I have been partial to the orange family: bright orange, blood orange, burnt orange, peach, amber.

In fact, here I am at my 2009 booksigning launch:


Good blouse color, huh?

And last fall, notice what color prominently adorned my coffee table to highlight the release of Kelly’s newest book:


Uh-huh, orange.

In fact, if you’ve ever read an interview with me where I respond about my favorite color and why, odds are I said, “Burnt orange because it makes a statement without being too obvious.”

These days, of course, best color tests are a dime-a-dozen. And FYI, the one I took on Facebook DID respond with orange. (Go Facebook!) But I really have no deeper answer as to why I love orange than why I’m am nuts for root beer floats or can’t resist talking to cats and babies. It’s just...me.

So now I’d like to turn the tables. Tell us...what color is you?And, if you are so inclined, add why!

12 fresh comments:

C.R. Evers said...

You do look Fab in orange!

I've always liked purple. I'm not sure why. I even made the curtains in my writing room purple. Wedding color was purple. I even posted a you tube of a song on my blog recently about purple. hmmmmm. . . now I'm wondering why.

Janie Emaus said...

Hi,
I'm partial to green, although I'm not sure why. And I don't own a lot of green clothes.

BTW, you look great in orange!

TinaFerraro said...

Christy, purple is the color of royalty. Maybe in another life... ;)

Janie, I did not know about you and green. But green comes in many shades from cool and collected bold...so maybe it's the perfect color to reflect your creativity and many lovely sides!

Kelly (Lynn) Parra said...

I like orange too! My fave color has changed over the years. In high school is was blue, then it was black, and now I'm partial to purple, although I like wearing brighter colors like turquoise, reds or orange. :) :)

GirlforChrist said...

Because of my aubern hair, I look great in green! (Or so my mom says.) But I love blue..... sooo....... : )

TinaFerraro said...

So Kelly, you've done some color shifting over the years. I think I have, too, it's just that it's all stayed in the orange family.

GirlForChrist, I'll bet you look terrific in green. But you gotta go with that you feel, too, huh?

Lexie said...

I've always been a blue girl. My mom liked me in pastels as a kid, but when I got old enough to choose what I wanted to wear I stuck with blue. It suits my eyes and my chesnut hair color very nicely (or so I'm told).

Lexie.Cenni@gmail.com

(and orange is a hard color to pull off, I congratulate you!)

Shalonda said...

You do look lovely in orange.

My color choice is yellow! It complements my skin tone and hair, but it also reflects my attitude, as I tend to be ultra excited most days.

ian sands said...

I too look good in orange. Can I borroqw a shirt?

TinaFerraro said...

Lexie, I always think of blue as a cool color...in both senses of the word, like calm confidence. And about me pulling off orange, well thanks. I think I wear it just 'cause I like it, but nice to work it works, too! =)

Shalonda, you favor the color of energy and sunshine! And recently I've noticed that yellow has become THE COLOR for prom dresses...clearly you're ahead of the pack!

Ian, another orange fan, huh? Thanks for weighing in!

Anonymous said...

I've always been partial to greens. Good forest greens or the seafoam green that is in this season. Yay! I don't care for the bright lime color tho.

TinaFerraro said...

Sheyla, green is a beautiful color, too...in fact, it's a nice contrast with orange!