Monday, April 13, 2009

Donate My Dress!


Those of you who have read my first book, Top Ten Uses for an Unworn Prom Dress know I’m all about recycling prom dresses.

So I was really excited to come upon a new website called Donate The Dress. Established by Hearst Magazines, it’s a national network that connects charitable dress organizations to girls in need of special-occasion wear. Some organizations are strictly prom, some are year-round. They list them by state (and some in Canada, as well), with direct links.

The site also has fun contests, fashion ideas, prom safety tips, and other ideas for energetic teens to get involved in their communities.

And here’s a special offer just for our readers. If you DO donate a prom dress to ANY charity between now and June 30, 2009, get a receipt bearing the charity’s name and send it to me at:

Tina Ferraro
P.O. Box 299
Verdugo City, CA 91046


And as a personal thank you, I’ll send you a signed copy of Top Ten Uses for an Unworn Prom Dress. And if you already have a copy--more the better! Then you’ll have one to donate to your local library!

In any case, check out Donate The Dress, and if you know a girl with a kindly used dress, or one who needs one, please, pass the link on...

7 fresh comments:

Steph Su said...

Wow, this is a great find, Tina! I've been wondering what in the world I could do with my old dresses... now this is great! Thanks for sharing this with us!

Janie Emaus said...

Hi,
Dontaing dresses is such a wonderful idea. I may even have some in my closet.

Thanks for sharing

Kelly (Lynn) Parra said...

This is so great, Tina! Way to go!

Casey M said...

This is a great idea! I would be down if I hadn't already donated my prom dress to Project Cinderella. Best of luck!

TinaFerraro said...

Thanks for the enthusiasm and support for dress recycling!

And yes, Rosemary, you definitely need a new Rita dress! =) I've already started looking around myself...

Kay Cassidy said...

What a lovely idea, Tina! Cheers to you for giving an awesome extra incentive to everyone who donates. You rock!

Book Sp(l)ot said...

I don't think I have any dresses right now that would qualify, but I've added it to my favorites just in case I ever need to remember the link :) Thanks.