Friday, March 06, 2009

Great Things Come in Three’s!

I am believer that great things come in three’s:

The words “I love you.”
Buy-two-get-one-free sales.
The Back-To-The-Future movies.
Taco Supremes in Taco Bell’s value meal.
My kids.

Adding to this list of three-themed favorites is the Stephanie Hale’s terrific “Aspen Brooks” series, for this is the week the third book has been released! Called Spring Break-Up, I am sure it’s going to be every bit as clever and funny as Revenge of the Homecoming Queen and Twisted Sisters.

Here’s the blurb on Spring-Break-Up:

Aspen Brooks trades in sand between her toes for shopping on The Strip when she agrees to go to Las Vegas for spring break with her boyfriend, Rand, her bff, Angel, and Angel’s bf, Lucas. Their hotel is hosting the Miss Teen Queen Pageant and surgically enhanced beauty contestants are everywhere. But when Miss Illinois goes AWOL, it’s up to Aspen to represent her home state and find out what’s really going on. Even if it means putting down the suntan lotion and ignoring Angel’s meltdown over breaking up with Lucas…


I was lucky enough to get my hands on two copies, one for my own pleasure and library, and one to give away in a contest that starts NOW. All you have to do to be entered is to list three of your favorite things in the comments.

Good luck, and check back here at the end of the weekend to see the winner’s name. The contest closes Sunday, March 8th at 7pm EST.

Good luck!
Good luck!
Good luck!

28 fresh comments:

Juiciliciousss Reviews said...

my 3 favorite things:
1. books
2. asian dramas [gotta love those]
3. my blog <3

stephanie
juiciliciousssreviews@gmail.com

Nora said...

My 3 favorite things:

1. people I love
2. books
3. chocolate

those three together = perfect world! Well...maybe throw some addictive tv in there (shhhhh)

Nora

wishonstars13@hotmail.com

sweetmelissa818 said...

1) My family!
2) The ocean!
3) Books!

These are a few of my favorite things!

freewriter said...

my 3 favorite things

1. my family
2. my faith
3. reading great books

Anonymous said...

My three favorite things:
1. My family
2. Books
3 Writing

stephhale said...

Thanks so much, Tina! My favorite three things are my husband and two boys! ;)

Katie said...

1. My husband
2. My faith
3. My blog

TinaFerraro said...

Thanks everyone! I am enjoying hearing "a few of your favorite things...) (Thanks, Melissa!)

sweetmelissa818 said...

I'm a cheeseball for song lyrics!

Kelly (Lynn) Parra said...

Yay, Steph!!! Looking forward to it!

Good luck, Everyone!!

Carolina said...

My 3 fave things:

1.books
2. beaches
3. food

Christina said...

My favorite things...

1. God
2. My friends and Family
3. Books :] of course

tina238567@yahoo.com

:]

Diana Dang said...

1. Books
2. Asian related things (dramas, clothes, foods etc)
3. Internet

Meredith said...

1. Loved ones
2. Books
3. tie between searching for cute stuff on Etsy and my laptop.

~Meredith
rosesaremyfavorite at hotmail dot com

kaymf said...

my 3 favorite things are
1. my family
2. my friends
3. books

Unknown said...

I love your "great things come in threes" especially the back to the future one :D love those movies!

1 music
2 reading and loving the book I read
3 tv shows and movies (it's a tie)

Martha Flynn said...

prioritizing is hard! but i consistently like:

1. free time to read or watch tv
2. sleeping in late on a weekend
3. hot chocolate with whipped cream

KrisLeet said...

My three favorite things:
1. Working at Borders. This enables me to live in the YA section, and keeps me in contacts with people who are absolutely nutty about books just like I am. It brings a sense of calm in my life knowing I am not the only one.
2. YA Authors. I seriously love you all. You inspire creativity in me every time I read one of your books. I try to read as many as I can because I am making up for not having such a wide variety of authors who wrote about the issues I cared about at 15. You all make my job very easy, and I love you dearly for that. I am not picky either I pretty much love you all.
3. Motorcycles. Hey I had to add at least one non book thing in here. We just got our first motorcycle we can call our own,and she is pretty and red, and I wanna kiss her and write cool stories about her. She is also realllly fun to ride.

Yan said...

1. friends
2. books
3. chocolate :D

The Golfing Librarian said...

1. Ponies
2. Bunnies
3. Unicorns

Katie said...

my top 3 fav things:
1. books
2. grilled cheese
3. contests such as this one

bball11kt@sbcglobal.net

GirlforChrist said...

Windy days,
Books,
Puppies

Anonymous said...

my 3 fav things:
books, chocolate,my loved ones

thanks!

Grace L

Christina said...

1) The smell of books
2) Stars (The astronomy kind)
3) Dancing to fun music

Marjolein Reads said...

my favorite things:
1: family and friends
2. books
3. reading/writing

Purdypirate said...

Three things I love... My car, My Laptop and my kitty.

Purdypirate@gmail.com

TinaFerraro said...

This contest is closed!

Janette Rallison said...

Only three? How do I choose between chocolate and pizza? Between God and Country? Between Orlando Bloom and Jonny Dep?

I'll try anyway.

1 sleeping in
2 good romances
3 time with my husband