Wednesday, August 06, 2008

And here we are with the other half of the conference pics!

Wendy Toliver and myself at a RWA luncheon. Wendy is the author of The Secret of a Teenage Siren and Miss Match.

Wendy & Kelly


UPDATE: Here are the YA author RITA finalists at the finalists reception. (L to R) Rosemary Clement-Moore, Melissa Marr, Simone Elkeles and me. Everyone was so nice! And I'm noticing we are all around the same height--short. haha! ;)

2008 RITA YA finalists


Then some of the YA authors hooked up for a hang out Friday night...

Tera Lynn Childs & Sara Hantz

Tera & Sara


Teri Brown and Amanda Ashby

Teri & Amanda


More fun shots of the night with all of us, and debut author Bethany Griffin...

YA Authors

YA Authors


The next day I participated in my first workshop, 10 Things I Love About Writing YA Romance, with Shelley Adina, Agent Jennifer Jackson, myself, and Carol Culver. Totally talked too fast with nerves, but I got through it and hopefully gave some helpful tidbits!

YA Workshop


Here is YA author Dona Sarkar-Mishra author of How to Salsa in a Sari.

Dona


And Ally Carter, author of the Gallagher Girl series and myself. Ally came to support me at my first workshop, she made me stand up at the podium, haha. But she did give me a lovely box of chocolates so I forgive her!

Ally & Kelly


I think that will be it for me this week on the RWA conference. Tina will share her pics soon. If I grab some more next week from other authors, I'll be sure to share! :)

10 fresh comments:

TinaFerraro said...

You are killing me with these pictures. I want to be IN them, too! :) Oh, well, next year.

And yeah, Kelly, Friday I'll post SCWBI pics!

P.S. And a special shout-out to our southern hemisphere friends, Sara Hantz and Amanda Ashby!

Sara Hantz said...

Right back at you, Tina!!

Kelly it was so cool meeting you.... can't wait to go to another RWA!!!

LoveRundle said...

Looks like everyone is having a really good time. I'm planning on going to the RT in April. I hope a lot of my favorite authors show up and that I meet new authors that I will enjoy reading.

Wendy Toliver said...

Kelly, I loved meeting you! I'm sad I had to leave the conf. early. I would've loved to go to your workshop and hang out with you some more. ;)

Shooting Stars Mag said...

Nice pictures. Looks like you had a blast. How exciting getting to meet so many people!!

-Lauren
New stuff on the blog. Come and chat!

Kelly (Lynn) Parra said...

Tina, I missed you at con! Looking forward to your pics!
--
Sara, it was fun! Thanks for you and Amanda being so nice!
--
Hi Christina! I've heard RT is a blast. Thanks for visiting!

Kelly (Lynn) Parra said...

Wendy, at least we got to meet! It was so great to see you in person!
--
HI Lauren, thanks! Will stop by!

Jessica Burkhart said...

Oooh! I love ALL of these pics! Fun! :)

Marley Gibson said...

I can't believe I didn't get to see you in San Francisco!!! Shows you just how many people were there. Insanity!

Kelly (Lynn) Parra said...

Thanks, Jess!
--
Marley, I know! That hotel was huge, and most of the time I just saw unfamiliar faces!