Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Leap For Joy!


I like to think of Leap Day as an "extra 24 hours" each four years in which to do something special. Which is not to say I always accomplish that, but this year I made plans months in advance to meet an old friend for lunch...someone so special that she stood beside me at the altar as my matron of honor!

Happy Leap Day to all our readers, and hope you find some "extra time" to celebrate, be it with a friend, by reading a good book, or maybe to keep writing one!

4 fresh comments:

Leigh Purtill said...

That sounds like a wonderful way to spend Leap Day! This is my husband's actual birthday so it's a special day for us too - he only gets to celebrate every 4 years. :)

Cheers~
leigh

TinaFerraro said...

Wow, Leigh, your husband is a Leap Day Baby! I came upon an article recently listing birthdays in order of frequency, and no surprise that February 29th was 366th. Happy birthday to him!

Kelly (Lynn) Parra said...

Happy Leap Day! I wonder if the old saying is true...do a few women choose to do the marriage proposing on this day?? :) :)

Janie Emaus said...

What a great way to spend the day. As I wrote, I'd like to leap back and talk to my younger self.