Wednesday, February 08, 2012

Friday Night Lights!


This is not the first time I've been "late to the party" as far as great TV, movies and books. As a popular teen drama, I've had the tv program, Friday Night Lights, on my Netflix list for a long time...meaning to get to it. It's just that there were so many episodes--more than 70--and I kept thinking I needed a huge block of time. Besides, I'm not a big football fan. Would I even like it?

Well, I started watching last month, and quickly found I'd been wrong on both counts. Wrong that the football aspect would be a negative aspect...in fact, when they get to the game scenes, I'm jazzed and excited. And wrong about struggling to find enough time to watch. I am so hooked on the storylines, the characters and the drama that I find myself thinking about the program even when I'm not watching it, and "making time" to watch more episodes.

I am just finishing up Season One right now, and so happy that there's five more seasons! 70+ episodes may not seem like enough!

So how about you? Any Friday Night Lights fans among us? Any favorite characters?

4 fresh comments:

Janie Emaus said...

I've never seen the show, but after reading your post, I just might have to see what all that excitement is about.

LM Preston said...

I loved this show! Glad you discovered it.

MD said...

Even though I don't like to watch football, I love FNL. #33 all the way! Clear eyes, full hearts, can't lose!

TinaFerraro said...

#33 Tim Riggins--woo hoo! =)