Friday, July 22, 2011

Finding the Time

Like most voracious readers, my “eyes are bigger than my stomach” when it comes to books. So many sound so good. I buy them, I download them, I borrow them--but with a limited amount of reading time, inevitably there are those that I never seem to get around to...

With that thought in mind, I decided to dedicate Summer 2011 to those books. And I can report not only great success, but that I’m having the time of my life.


First up, I started THE HUNGER GAMES, and loved it so much I read the whole trilogy.

Next I picked PROM DATES FROM HELL off my shelf, a collection of paranormal prom stories published a few years back, and discovered a new favorite writer, Michele Jaffe! So her book, BAD KITTY, is now in my pile to read soon, too.

And then in no particular order, I read Jessica Brody’s MY LIFE UNDECIDED, which we talked about here at YA Fresh, and I found cute and clever, a couple nonfiction books, and a few romances. Then I picked 13 REASONS WHY by Jay Asher--and can now officially jump on the band wagon about why it is such an important and popular book!

Here are some other YA novels I have stacked up and ready to read: ANNA AND THE FRENCH KISS by Stephanie Perkins, OSTRICH EYE (the winner of the 2002 Delacorte Press Contest for a First Young Adult Novel) by Beth Cooley and TORN by Erica O’Rourke.

See why I’m having so much fun?

Have any of you made a concerted effort to catch up on books you’ve been meaning to read? And can you recommend any of your favorites I should add to my list?

6 fresh comments:

Sarah Skilton said...

I'm inspired by your decision to read the books that have eluded you!

I bought "Marbury Lens" by Andrew Smith a few months ago, but deadlines, promises to read other books, and life got in the way. Then my husband read it before I could, which was of course unacceptable and sent me into action. :) It's one of those books that stays with you for a long time afterward; I'm glad I finally read it.

TinaFerraro said...

Thanks, Sarah! I just added MARBURY LENS to my to-be-read list!

Kelly (Lynn) Parra said...

Fantastic list, Tina! I have so many to catch up on too!

Janie Emaus said...

I'm just starting 13 Reasons and next up..who knows? I, too, have a ton of books waiting to be read.

1110cg said...

Uglies series is awesome!!!

TinaFerraro said...

Thanks, 1110cg, will check that series out!