Monday, October 18, 2010

Aloha From Hawaii

My husband and I are on Maui, celebrating our wedding anniversary! I thought it would be fun to post a picture here at YA Fresh, and had originally planned to put up something tropical...

But because life is always full of surprises, there was something completely unexpected on this trip that I realized I wanted to share. You see, one of my favorite things about traveling is checking out the covers on the books that the people around me are reading--in the airport, on planes, around the pool. But I have been vastly disappointed on this trip because it seems like 50% of people are reading on e-readers. Which means I can't snoop!

Now, don't get me wrong, I am all in favor of e-readers! Kelly and I both own one, and all of our books available in electronic format. I just wish people would put large print post-its on the back of them, letting us all know what they are reading. Because--gah--getting a pulse on what people are reading is part of my vacation fun!

So along these lines, I left my Kindle in the hotel room and brought the paperback I am reading on today's adventure, up to almost 10,000 feet to see the remains of the Haleakala Crater.


As you can see, I am holding an advanced reader copy of REVOLUTION by Jennifer Donnelly (whose previous YA novel, A NORTHERN LIGHT, remains one of my all-time favorite books). Which is what I am currently reading. No secrets with me!

If you are so inclined to share with us what you are reading, shout it out! And I'll "see" you back home later this week!

4 fresh comments:

Rain Maiden said...

I am currently reading Rachel Vincent's Shifters series. I am on Pride....love it! Wish I was in Hawaii!!!

Kelly (Lynn) Parra said...

Looks like you are having fun, Tina!!

brendajean said...

I just finished Paranormalcy (which was bleeping FABULOUS) and am now starting Firelight. Hope you're having a blast! ALOHA!

Janie Emaus said...

I'm reading a friend's m/s so there is no cover.

Have fun!