Tuesday, May 07, 2013

Girl's Names for Today's Teens


As a young adult author, I pay a lot of attention to teen names.  Recently I perused some popular name websites for girls born between 1994 and 2000 (13 years old to 19).  Hands down, these were the most popular:


Ashley
Jessica
Sarah

Followed by:

Elizabeth
Samantha

And then: 

Taylor
Emily
Hannah

But I have to say, these names don't necessarily line up with the teen readers I hear from and the ones I meet.  Many of them tend to have more unusual names. 

So I thought I would toss this out to our readers.  What is your experience?  Do you know a lot of Ashleys and Jessicas and Sarahs?  What are popular names for teen girls in your world?

1 fresh comments:

Janie Emaus said...

I know a Dylan (girl) and a Starla, Nina and Madison.
What ever happened to Jane?