Monday, November 19, 2012

This Time of Year

It's nearly Thanksgiving in the US, and I can admit the fall and winter holidays are my favorite time of the year. The holidays brings up memories of family get-togethers, lots of good food, and tasty treats as a child.

Families change and grow in different ways. As of a couple of years ago, Thanksgiving has fallen upon me to host!

It does add a little pressure to make everything just right since I'm still pretty fresh in the hosting department! However, I've learned to take that extra breath when things get stressful and believing everything will turn out just fine. Maybe not perfect, but being together with your family, and enjoying the special day, and truly being thankful for all that you have are what matters most.

I hope for those of you who celebrate Thanksgiving that you have someone to share it with and are able to express what you are thankful for on Thursday's special day. And a special shout out to the families on the East Coast who are struggling with their loss of homes and more due to Sandy, YA Fresh is sending our best to you and your families.

~Kelly


3 fresh comments:

Leigh Purtill said...

I grew up in New England with the quintessential holiday traditions. I do have fond memories of those days but I am happier to do things my own way now. Out here in LA, my husband and I celebrate with friends, either at our place or theirs, or sometimes just on our own.

Have a joyous holiday~
:) leigh

TinaFerraro said...

Thanks, Kelly! In my family, we often trade off between my husband's and my side of the family on Thanksgiving, as well as who is hosting. This year it's my family at out house!

Kelly (Lynn) Parra said...

Sounds nice, Leigh, thanks for sharing! Have a wonderful holiday!

Tina, I discovered I like being surrounded by family and friends. It can be a lot of work but everyone's happy!