Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Hello from O-Town!

The O-Town in the title there is a wave hello at a certain golfing librarian who regularly visits this site! :)

For those of you who don't know, I was among the sold-out crowd at the recent Romance Writers of America conference in Orlando, Florida! I had wonderful conversations and lots of laughs, and picked up some good tips that applied to my writing.

Here I am at the Literacy Signing. You'll see the blue flag that indicates that one of my books is a Rita finalist!



This next shot was taken at the Rita/Golden Heart reception, and features four of the Young Adult Finalists for the Rita: Lauren Strasnick, Simone Elkeles, me and Ally Carter.



And now here we are, joined by Jennifer Echols in the far left, all dressed up at the event. (Clearly I missed the "memo" to wear black!)


Simone won, and gave a poignant and funny speech, ending with saying that Disney World really WAS the happiest place on earth. Heartfelt congrats to Simone from Kelly and me to Simone!

And thanks to all who made my conference week so special.

7 fresh comments:

Janie Emaus said...

It looks like I missed a really great time! And congrats to Simone.

The Golfing Librarian said...

I have alot more names for that city that's next to the "House of Mouse", but this isn't that kind of blog! ;)
Each year's pictures from RWA Nationals look "funner, and funner" than the last.
Congrats on being a double finalist. Remember, three's a charm!

Kelly (Lynn) Parra said...

Looks like it was a fabulous time, Tina!! Thanks for sharing these!!

TinaFerraro said...

We need to get all three of you to the conference next year in New York. Or maybe the year after in San Diego...

Erika Powell said...

love the pictures! looks like so much fun!

Robin said...

I'm sure you don't remember me, but it was great meeting you at the Literacy Signing! I'm also from Southern Cal and your friendliness is one of the things I remember most! As soon as I got home I read your book and *adored* it! Congrats again on being a RITA finalist, and I look forward to reading your next book!

TinaFerraro said...

Thanks, Erika, we did have a lot of fun!

And hi, Robin...you're right that that night is a total blur to me now...but I think we talked about LARA? Anyway, thank you sooooo much for dropping by then and now, and so glad you enjoyed the book! :)